Plantar Fasciitis: Suggestions from our RunPT Susie Roley PT, DPT
Do you have heel and foot pain from running? Susie Roley PT, DPT has some tips so you can prevent Plantar Fasciitis?
• Proper running shoes: Running gait analysis before you start training
• Strengthen arch and foot: Such as arch curls, heel and toe walking.
• Stretch your calf (gastroc/soleus complex): 30 seconds x 4 reps 2-3 times a day
• Stretch your plantar fascia: Tennis or hard rubber ball massage (3-5 minutes a day)
• Ice massage with water bottle (5 – 7 minutes after run)
• Variety is KEY!: Surface, pace, distance, cross- train, rest days
• KEY: Listen to your body!!!! Do not run through pain
Further questions? Call Susie at Corpore Sano PT in Kenmore, WA!